Whew…halfway! How’s everyone holding up? I admit, I’m scrambling…this mid-November slump is real, guys. It’s SO REAL! Fear starts creeping in, the inner editor starts piping up. So consider this your official, hang-in-there, we-can-do-it, pep talk from me to you! We can do! I believe!
Okay, so I really do want to write a pep talk. But like…brain so tired. So here’s a pep list instead.
- The middle is always super tough. Even Neil Gaiman says so, and he’s like a real life wizard. Who writes magic for us to read.
- Don’t give up. Keeping’ on keepin’ on is the biggest thing right now. Write, be kind to yourself, write some more.
- Ummmm, did I already say this is tough for everyone? Because it is. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying, or like…a monster.
- It’s not okay to call other people monsters just because their writing is going better than yours. APPARENTLY.
- It will always seem like everyone else’s writing is going better than yours. And it might be. But it might not. And it doesn’t matter.
- Ignore other people’s progress unless that stuff motivates you somehow. Like, drives you forward? I’m too tired to be driven forward by anything other than tea and promises of serious sleeping time. But if it works for you, cool! Just…don’t let it discourage you…is what I’m saying.
- Do I need ten things? I mean, I’m at 7…is 7 a weird place to stop? DON’T STOP IN A WEIRD PLACE, YOU GUYS! KEEP GOING!
- Take a dancing/screaming/howling at the moon break. Right now. Leave your computer, move around, be silly. GO! NOW! ……….. Done? Good! Feel better? If not, rinse and repeat.
- Nine ate seven? Or did seven eat nine? HMMMMMM…There’s a story in there somewhere, I can feel it. Sled dog pack and owner get lost in wilderness (this is sounding familiar), then one of the dogs eats one of the other dogs (how many sled dogs are in a pack? Should research.) BUT THE DOOR WAS LOCKED FROM THE INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME!
- Oh, thank God. Okay. Go get ’em, tiger. Or something.
Consider yourself pep-talked. Whew.
But seriously. Hang in there. You have to be doing better than I am, and that DEFINITELY counts for something.